VPP Annual Image Competition
Competition Date: TBA for 2018. Up next: PPA NE Districts and IPC!
Enter our Competition: TBA for 2018.
Rules: TBA for 2018.
Labels: TBA for 2018.
- Contact Wayne Tarr, Print Chair, at Competition@vtprophoto.org
- Join the private VPP Image Competition Prep group on Facebook (open to VPP members only)
Below are additional competitions that VPP members may be interested in. This list is intended as a guide to help members plan their own competition calendar. The development of new competition technology makes it possible to receive more feedback on entries and many photographers are entering multiple competitions to refine their work before entering IPC in the summer.
Please read all rules and instructions carefully for each competition. They are not associated with VPP.
The New England states listed are also using the printcompetition.com platform and allow for out of state entries. Please use care when deciding to enter competitions at other states.
PPA is now able to live stream district competitions. Watching is a great way to learn!
- Southeast: February 24-25, 2017
- Northeast: April 21-22, 2017. Early registration between March 7-April 7, late registration ends April 13, 5:00pm EST. This is our district!
- Western: March 31-April 2, 2017
- Northcentral: March 3-4, 2017
- Southwest: March 24-25, 2017
PPA International Print Competition (IPC):
Registration opens: May 22, 2017
Early registration deadline: June 21, 2017, 5:00pm EST
Late registration deadline: July 6, 2017, 5:00pm EST
Find more information through PPA’s Competition page.
Handy Competition Info
12 Elements of a Merit Image: The foundation for objectively viewing images in PPA style competitions.
Using the Premium features of printcompetition.com. Printcompetition.com has a lot to offer for Premium members. Here’s a great PDF tutorial to get you started. Thank you to Mark Sweeney for putting this together!
Print Cases: “What is a print case and where can I get one”? These cases are not required for physical entries in VPP’s Image Competition, but PPA answers a common question for new competitors.
Tips and Tricks:
- Print directly on 8.5×11″ mailing labels for your print labels. Just trim, peel, and stick to the back of your print.
- Make the Print Committee’s day brighter by stacking your print entries with #1 on the top and your last entry on the bottom.
- Did you upload your images to printcompetition.com and realize that you need to tweak something? No problem! You can edit your entries, and even change them altogether, until the entry deadline. Just remember that if you enter physical prints the digital catalog image must be an accurate representation of your print.